Jun 18, 2015 04:50 PM EDT
Actor Kit Harington and 50 things from his life.
1. He is an actor, known for Game of Thrones (2011), Pompeii (2014) and How to Train Your Dragon 2.
2. His trade mark is his curly black hair.
3. While still in drama school he landed the role of Albert Narracott in the play War Horse.
4. When he was child he wanted to become a cameraman, a war correspondent and a journalist.
5. His mother, Deborah Jane (Catesby), is a playwright.
6. His father, David Richard Harington, owns a book store.
7. Kit has one sibling, a brother named John Catesby Harington.
8. He began acting in the Game of Thrones wearing a wig. Later he grew his hair.
9. Sees himself as a theatre trained actor.
10. While trying to climb into his apartment in London he broke hi ankle.
11. He felt guilty for making it more difficult for the crew to film around his broken ankle that he brought a bottle of whiskey to the production manager of Game of Thrones.
12. He has never had long hair before Game of Thrones.
13. His ancestry is English, as well as Welsh, Scottish, Northern Irish, and Dutch.
14. Attended the Central School of Speech and Drama.
15. However his distant roots also include German, French, and Spanish ancestry.
16. Kit's father is from a prominent family, and descends from many Earls, Baronets, Peers, Dukes, and Viscounts.
17. As part of British colonialism and Dutch/Afrikaner settlements, many of his mother's ancestors lived in India and South Africa.
18. Was honored with Actor of the Year at the Young Hollywood Awards 2013.
19. He has a blue blood as his paternal eight times great-grandfather was King Charles II of England.
20. For his role in Pompeii Kit undertook a heavy eating regime consuming 3000 calories a day to put on 2 stone of weight quickly.
21. After filming he went on a diet.
22. Used to work in a book store.
23. He likes to wear fitted clothing and dislikes baggy stuff.
24. He admitted he doesn't know anything about fashion.
25. Has parents that are very loving, much together and always supportive.
26. Made his cinematic debut in 2012 as Vincent in Silent Hill: Revelation 3D.
27. Producers of Game of Thrones spotted him while he was acting in the stage production of War Horse.
28. Despite being an of aristocrat ancestors he dislikes titles.
29. Not a fan of Downton Abbey because as he said it celebrates the class system.
30. He is not into social media because he is not interested to talk about himself more than he already has to.
31. His real name is Christopher Catesby Harington.
32. He dreamed about to be in a Coen Brother's movie.
33. He had many body doubles in the season in Games of Thrones because of his broken ankle.
34. Finds it complicated to use public transport because it's so easy to get lost.
35. He likes horror movies fan. His favorite is The Shining. He also likes The Wicker Man with Christopher Lee.
36. He doesn't like video games and is not good at it.
37. Appeared in Silent Hill: Revelation 3D.
38. He is scared of flying, spiders and injections.
39. For the role in Games of Thrones he had to grow his proto-hipster beard.
40. First he considered acting to be just a hobby.
41. Enjoys writing in his free time.
42. Has read the first four books in A Song of Ice and Fire, the series on which Games of Thrones is based.
43. He didn't know his name till he was 11 since his family always called him Kit instead of Christopher.
44. If he could play another character on the show GoT he would pick Tyrion because he's got a fantastic storyline.
45. He would be friends with Jon Snow if he was real and they would met.
46. Auditioned for Jon Snow in his own English accent but had to learn the accent for Snow quickly.
47. He learned the accent from Sean Bean.
48. His favorite fictional character is Winston Smith from the book by George Orwell. He loves Henry V.
49. Did ice wall climbing and rock climbing as training for the acting role.
50. He prefers filming in the open location compare to a closed studio.
Sir Isaac Vivian Alexander Richards, KNH, OBE, famous worldwide by the name Viv Richards, is regarded as one of the greatest batsmen of all time, and was voted one of the five Cricketers of the Century by a 100-member panel of experts in 2000.