Heidi Klum and 50 things from her career.
1. Heidi Klum is a German model, television host, businesswoman, fashion designer, television producer, and occasional actress.
2. In 2008, she became an American citizen while maintaining her native German citizenship.
3. Heidi Klum became internationally known for her appearances on the cover of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue.
4. In 1997, she became the first German model to become a Victoria's Secret Angel.
5. Following a successful modeling career, Klum became the host and a judge of Germany's Next Topmodel and the reality show Project Runway which earned her an Emmy nomination in 2008 and a win in 2013 for Outstanding Host for a Reality or Reality-Competition Program (shared with co-host Tim Gunn).
6. Heidi Klum has worked as a spokesmodel for Dannon and H&M, and has appeared in numerous commercials for McDonald's, Volkswagen and others.
7. In 2009, Klum became Barbie's official ambassador on Barbie's 50th anniversary.
8. As an occasional actress, she had supporting roles in movies including Blow Dry (2001), Ella Enchanted (2004), and made cameo appearances on The Devil Wears Prada (2006) and Perfect Stranger (2007).
9. Heidi Klum has also appeared on TV shows including Sex and the City, How I Met Your Mother, and Parks and Recreation.
10. Currently, Klum is a judge on the NBC reality show America's Got Talent.
11. In May 2011, Forbes magazine estimated Klum's total earnings for that year as $20 million.
12. Heidi Klum is ranked second on Forbes' list of the "World's Top-Earning Models", behind Gisele Bündchen.
13. Forbes noted that since ending her 13-year run as a Victoria's Secret Angel, Klum has become more of a businesswoman than a model.
14. Heidi Klum was married to English R&B singer Seal from 2005 until 2012.
15. Heidi Klum was born and raised in Bergisch Gladbach, a town outside Cologne.
16. Heidi Klum is the daughter of Günther Klum a cosmetics company executive and Erna, a hairdresser.
17. A friend convinced her to enroll in a national modeling contest called "Model 92".
18. Out of 25,000 contestants, Klum was voted the winner on April 29, 1992 and offered a modeling contract worth US$300,000 by Thomas Zeumer, CEO of Metropolitan Models New York.
19. After winning, she appeared on the Gottschalk Late Night Show, a German television show with host Thomas Gottschalk.
20. Heidi Klum accepted the contract a few months later after graduating from school and decided not to try for an apprentice position at a fashion design school.
21. Heidi Klum has been featured on the cover of French, German, Portuguese and Spanish Vogue as well as Elle, InStyle and Marie Claire.
22. Heidi Klum became widely known after appearing on the cover of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue and for her work with Victoria's Secret as an "Angel".
23. Heidi Klum as hosted the 2002, 2006, 2007, and 2009 Victoria's Secret Fashion Shows.
24. On October 1, 2010, the New York Post reported in its "Page Six" gossip column that Klum would be leaving Victoria's Secret, which was later confirmed by Klum.
25. In addition to working with well-known photographers on her first husband's Sports Illustrated shoots, she was the object and subject of Joanne Gair body painting works in several editions from 1997 to 2010.
26. Heidi Klum wrote the foreword to Gair's book of body paint work, Body Painting, Masterpieces.
27. Heidi Klum was a spokesmodel for McDonald's, Braun, Dannon, H & M, and Liz Claiborne, among others.
28. Since 2007, she has been a celebrity spokesmodel for Jordache and Volkswagen.
29. Heidi Klum had a role as an ill-tempered hair model in the movie Blow Dry, played a giantess in the movie Ella Enchanted and was cast as Ursula Andress in The Life and Death of Peter Sellers. She had cameo appearances in The Devil Wears Prada and Perfect Stranger.
30. Heidi Klum is featured in the 2006 James Bond video game Everything or Nothing, where she plays the villain Dr. Katya Nadanova.
31. Heidi Klum has appeared in several music videos, including Jamiroquai's video "Love Foolosophy" from their album A Funk Odyssey, Kelis's "Young, Fresh n' New", off her second 2001 album Wanderland and, most recently, the second video for her husband Seal's song "Secret" off his 2010 album Seal 6: Commitment.
32. In 2008, Klum was a featured guest on an American Volkswagen commercial, where she was interviewed by a black Beetle.
33. In November 2008, Klum appeared in two versions of a Guitar Hero World Tour commercial, wherein she did a take on Tom Cruise's iconic underwear dancing scene in Risky Business. In both versions, she lip-synced to Bob Seger's "Old Time Rock and Roll" while dancing around the living room with the wireless guitar controller.
34. Heidi Klum ventured into web-based videos, starring in "SPIKED HEEL: Supermodels Battle the Forces of Evil". The web-series starred model Coco Rocha and was directed by fashion documentarian Doug Keeve.
35. In 2010, Klum became the new face and creative advisor for European cosmetics brand Astor, for which she sets artistic direction and designs new products and fashion forward color collections.
36. In October 2010, Klum parted ways with Victoria's Secret after 13 years of working with the brand. She provided a simple explanation in her official statement, stating: "All good things have to come to an end. I will always love Victoria and never tell her secret. It's been an absolute amazing time!"
37. Heidi Klum partnered with New Balance and Amazon.com to launch a clothing line and signed a 20-episode deal to host a new show on Lifetime, called Seriously Funny Kids.
38. In December 2004, Klum became the host, judge and executive producer of the reality show Project Runway on the U.S. cable television channel Bravo (airing on Lifetime television beginning in 2009), in which fashion designers compete for the opportunity to show their line at New York Fashion Week and receive money to launch their own fashion line.
39. In 2008, Klum and Project Runway received a Peabody Award, the first time a reality show won the award.
40. Heidi Klum was nominated for an Emmy in 2008 for "outstanding host of a reality or reality-competition show" for Project Runway, the first year that category was recognized by the Emmys.
41. Heidi Klum has been the host, judge and co-producer of Germany's Next Topmodel, the German version of the internationally successful reality television show, since 2006.
42. In 2013, Klum, along with her co-host Tim Gunn won an Emmy Award for Outstanding Host for a Reality or Reality-Competition Program.
43. Heidi Klum designed clothing lines (one for men), featured in the German mail-order catalog "Otto". She designed shoes for Birkenstock, jewelry for Mouawad, a clothing line for Jordache, and swimsuits - featured in the 2002 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue.
44. Heidi Klum was one of the designers of the Victoria's Secret lingerie line "The Body", named after the nickname she received following her first Victoria's Secret Fashion Show appearance.
45. Heidi Klum has two fragrances, called "Heidi Klum" and "Me".
46. Heidi Klum designed makeup for Victoria's Secret as part of their "Very Sexy Makeup Collection", titled "The Heidi Klum Collection".
47. Heidi Klum is an artist, and had several of her paintings appear in various art magazines in the U.S.
48. On September 27, 2002 she dedicated a sculpture she painted called "Dog with Butterflies" to commemorate the role of rescue dogs in the aftermath of September 11.
49. In 2004, Klum co-authored Heidi Klum's Body of Knowledge with Elle magazine editor Alexandra Postman. The book gives Klum's biography as well as her advice on becoming successful.
50. In November 2006, Klum released her debut single "Wonderland", written for a series of television advertisements for the German retailer "Douglas". Proceeds were given to a children's charity in her hometown of Bergisch Gladbach.