Jan 07, 2014 09:41 PM EST
Here are some interesting things you may not have known about the chart-topping, Grammy winning singer, wife and mother - Beyoncé.
Like Us on Facebook
1. Her full name is Beyoncé Giselle Carter-Knowles.
2. She was born September 4, 1981 in Houston, Texas.
3. Ever wondered how she got her name? She was named after her mother's maiden name.
4. She has Native American, African, Irish and French heritage and is descended from Joseph Broussard, the Acadian leader through her mother.
5. Beyoncé's singing talent was discovered at the age of 8 in a dance class, when her teacher was singing a song and she finished it hitting all the high notes.
6. At 8 she also met her future Destiny's child band mates Kelly Rowland and LaTavia Robertson in an audition, they were placed with three other girls as part of the all-girl group Girl's Tyme
7. As a young girl, she won a school singing competition with John Lennon's "Imagine"
8. Beyoncé suffered from depression for two years, but kept it hidden as it was around the time that Destiny's Child won their Grammy.
9. She is a generous person. Beyoncé joined former Destiny's Child bandmate, Kelly Rowland, to create the Survivor Foundation, which provides relief to victims of natural disasters. Also built the Knowles Temenos Place Apartments in the greater Houston area.
10. She has worked with several other charities including Chime for Change, Girl Up, Elevate Network, International Planned Parenthood Federation, Girls Inc. of Greater Houston, and I Was Here.
11. Her debut album Dangerously in Love, earned her five Grammys.
12. Her mother is a hairstylist and a costume designer named as Tina Beyonce. Her father is a record manager named as Mathew Knowles
13. Her mother, Tina, has been involved with Beyoncé's career for years, beginning with designing the wardrobe for Destiny's Child.
15. "A Star is Born" was her favorite movie of all time.
16. Her ultimate style icon is British supermodel Kate Moss.
17. She married rapper, Jay-Z, on April 4, 2008.
18. Some of her favorite things to do include staying home and watching TV and sitting courtside with husband Jay-Z at Brooklyn Nets games.
19. In 2010, Guinness World Records named them the Highest Earning Power Couple, after earning $122 million that year.
20. Jay Z once rapped that he and Beyoncé had a miscarriage before Blue Ivy and she even talked about it in her documentary.
21. Beyoncé's pregnancy announcement earned the Guinness World Book of Records title for most tweets per second
22. The couple's first daughter, Blue Ivy Carter, was born on Jan. 7, 2012.
23. Two days later Blue became the youngest person to land on the Billboard charts, as her cries were recorded on the Jay-Z track "Glory."
24. Beyoncé served as ambassador for the 2012 World Humanitarian Day.
25. Beyoncé's voice is categorized as a mezzo-soprano
26. She established the Beyoncé Cosmetology Center at the nonprofit Phoenix House in Brooklyn, N.Y.
27. Sasha Fierce was Beyoncé's alter ego, and was created in 2003 to help her get over shyness on stage. She told Allure Magazine in 2010 that she no longer feels the need for a stage persona.
28. Beyoncé has several side businesses. She founded the House of Deréon clothing line with her mother and the name comes from her grandmother's name - Agnes Dereon. She has also launched several fragrance lines including: Heat and Pulse.
29. She's also signed multi-million dollar endorsement deals with Pepsi, American Express, and L'Oreal.
30. Some of her nicknames include Bey, B, Queen B and Princess of Pop.
31. Following the success of the Spanish version of her hit song Irreplaceable, Beyoncé decided to release a Spanish version of her album "B'Day," even collaborating with Shakira on her song Beautiful Liar.
33. Her first solo tour was in 2004.
34. In September 2010 she was named The World's Most Beautiful Woman by People magazine.
35. Her sister, Solange, is also a successful singer.
36. Beyonce released her new self-titled "visual" album in December which created a social media frenzy as well as impressive instantaneous sales.
37. Beyonce Beyonce rejected traditional promotional tactics for new album, such as early singles and media appearances. Instead, he tweeted "Surprise!" to millions of her followers along with the news of the new album and a link to the iTunes store.
38. The visual album became the year's top-selling female debut only 27 hours after its surprise launch, and without any pre-release promotion.
39. Beyonce says she sees music. "I see music. It's more than just what I hear (...) When I'm connected to something, I immediately see a visual or a series of images that are tied to a feeling or an emotion-a memory from my childhood, thoughts about life, my dreams or my fantasies. And they're all connected to the music."
40. She plays the voice of Queen Tara in the new animated film Epic.
41. She starred in MTV's Carmen: A Hip Hopera - based on the French opera Carmen.
42. Beyonce played Foxxy Cleopatra, a 70s bombshell, in Austin Powers in Goldmember.
43. She became the first non-supermodel or non-athlete to appear on the cover of Sports Illustrated's swimsuit issue in 2007.
44. She is 5 ft 6 in tall.
45. She made Grammy history in January 2010 when she became the first female artist to win six Grammy's in one evening.
46. Beyonce's favorite number is 4. Her mother was born on January 4th. She was married on April 4th. Her birthday is September 4th and her husband's is December 4th.
47. In 2007, she became the first female artist to be awarded the International Artist Award at the American Music Awards.
48. She owns a condominium in Miami, and a house in London, England
49. Beyonce's favorite makeup to wear is mascara.