Bellucci is the oldest Bond girl in the franchise. Learn 42 interesting facts about Monica Bellucci.
1. Her full name is Monica Anna Maria Bellucci.
2. She is an Italian actress and fashion model.
3. Bellucci began her career as a model and made a transition to Italian films.
4. She played the role of Persephone in the 2003 science-fiction films The Matrix Reloaded and The Matrix Revolutions, Mary Magdalene in the 2004 biblical drama The Passion of the Christ, and Alex in the controversial art film Irreversible.
5. Bellucci was a Bond girl in the 2015 James Bond film Spectre.
6. She is the oldest Bond girl in the franchise.
7. Bellucci was born in Città di Castello, Umbria, Italy.
8. She is the only child of Brunella Briganti and Pasquale Bellucci.
9. Grew up in San Giustino.
10. Monica Bellucci began modelling at age 13 by posing for a local photo enthusiast.
11. In 1988, Bellucci moved to one of Europe's fashion centres, Milan, where she signed with Elite Model Management.
12. By 1989, she was becoming prominent as a fashion model in Paris and across the Atlantic, in New York City.
13. She posed for Dolce & Gabbana and French Elle, among others.
14. Bellucci made the transition to acting and began taking acting classes. The February 2001 Esquire's feature on Desire featured Bellucci on the cover and in an article on the five senses.
15. Wears a size 10 shoe.
16. According to two national newspapers, she is considered an Italian sex symbol.
17. In 2004, while pregnant with her daughter Deva, Bellucci posed nude for the Italian Vanity Fair in protest against Italian laws that prevent the use of donor sperm.
18. She posed pregnant and semi-nude again for the magazine's April 2010 issue.
19. From 2006 to 2010 Bellucci was the face of a range of Dior products.
20. In 2012, she became the new face of Dolce & Gabbana.
21. She is managed by Elite+ in New York City.
22. Bellucci is signed to D'management group in Milan and also to Storm Model Management in London.
23. Bellucci's film career began in the early 1990s.
24. She played some minor roles in La Riffa and Bram Stoker's Dracula.
25. In 1996 she was nominated for a César Award for best supporting actress for her portrayal of Lisa in The Apartment and strengthened her position as an actress.
26. She became known and popular with worldwide audiences, following her roles in Malèna, Brotherhood of the Wolf, "Under Suspicion", and Irréversible.
27. She has since played in many films from Europe and Hollywood like Tears of the Sun, The Matrix Reloaded, The Passion of the Christ, The Brothers Grimm, Le Deuxième souffle, Shoot 'Em Up, Don't Look Back, and The Sorcerer's Apprentice.
28. She was supposed to be seen portraying Indian politician Sonia Gandhi in the biopic Sonia, originally planned for release in 2007, but it has been shelved.
29. Bellucci dubbed her own voice for the French and Italian releases of the film Shoot 'Em Up.
30. She also voiced Kaileena in the video game Prince of Persia: Warrior Within, and the French voice of Cappy for the French version of the 2005 animated film Robots.
31. At 50, she became the oldest Bond girl ever in the James Bond film franchise, playing Lucia Sciarra in Spectre.
32. Bellucci met French actor Vincent Cassel on the set of their 1996 film The Apartment.
33. She married Cassel in 1999.
34. The couple has two daughters, Deva and Léonie.
35. Bellucci and Cassel announced their separation on 26 August 2013.
36. In September 2012 at a Toronto International Film Festival press conference for the Iranian movie Rhino Season, Bellucci stated that she can speak four languages: Italian, French, English and Farsi.
37. For a short time she studied jurisprudence.
38. Gave birth to her first child at age 39.
39. Poem "A Silvia" by Giacomo Leopardi is her favorite.
40. She is an Italian citizen.
41. Her favorite movie is A Special Day by Ettore Scola.
42. Sophia Loren and Claudia Cardinale are her favorite actresses.