Fergie is the lead singer of the Black Eyed Peas. Her debut solo album, The Dutchess (2006), was also a hit. Her eclectic work ranges from ballads to dance tracks.
- Her full name is Stacy Ann Ferguson.
- Her stage name, Fergie, is actually a family nickname that both her grandfather and father carry as well.
- Fergie was born in Hacienda Heights, California on March 27, 1975.
- She has one sister named Dana Ferguson. Her parents divorced when she was young.
- Fergie is of Scottish, Irish, Mexican, and Native American descent.
- Her career started appearing in commercials.
- She attended her first concert at the tender age of 6 and it was to a Tina Turner concert. Lucky girl!
- Growing up as a kid, she was already a star in her own right. She played the voice of Sally in two Peanuts cartoons.
- She was also smart and active at school. Fergie was a spelling bee champion and a Girl Scout.
- In 1984, Fergie joined the cast of the Disney variety show Kids Incorporated, along with future stars Jennifer Love Hewitt and Mario Lopez.
- She was in a cameo of Married with children in 1994.
- She is quoted as saying that as a child she was so hyperactive, doctors wanted to put her on Ritalin until her mom vetoed the idea.
- Five years after forming the girl group Wild Orchid with fellow Kids Incorporated alum Renee Sandstrom and childhood friend Stefanie Ridel, Fergie and her bandmates release their self-titled debut album.
- In 1998, the group opens for 'N Sync on a string of tour dates, where Fergie briefly dated Justin Timberlake. This was before he got serious with Britney Spears.
- In 2001, she hit a low in her personal life. After experimenting with drugs in L.A.'s underground music scene, Fergie becomes a crystal meth addict. She shrunk to 90 lbs. and admits to friends and family that she has a problem.
- "I wasn't liking who I was," she tells PEOPLE in 2006. "So I stopped cold turkey and came clean with everybody."
- Ferguson has stated in several interviews that she is an avid user of hypnotherapy, which she used to overcome her crystal meth addiction and to relax.
- Luckily, she turned her life around. She approached the Black Eyed Peas's will.i.am that same year and asked him to work on her proposed solo album. He offers her an even sweeter deal, getting her to sing on the band's upcoming single "Shut Up."
- Fergie is not an original member of the Black Eyed Peas band, she joined on the third album.
- "When I first joined the [Peas], my uniform was Dickies and wife-beater tops," Fergie said, according to Teen People. "One day, the guys said, 'Fergie, it's time for a skirt.' I hadn't worn one in three years."
- She got her ear pierced as a treat to herself after she quit using drugs.
- After Fergie officially joins the band, the Black Eyed Peas release Elephunk, which goes triple platinum and turns the band into an international pop sensation in 2003. The record features such hits as "Let's Get It Started," "Hey Mama," and "Where is the Love?"
- She won a grammy with the Black Eyed Peas for best rap performance with "Don't Phunk With Heart" in 2005 and best pop performance with "My Humps" in 2006.
- While recording the Black Eyed Peas album Monkey Business, Fergie and her bandmates stayed at Sting's farmhouse near London.
- After her success in the music industry, she decides to take a break and return to acting. Fergie stars as a cruise-ship singer in the ocean-liner adventure Poseidon. The action flick costs more than $150 million to produce but earns just $20.3 million opening weekend.
- In April 2007, she appears in the Quentin Tarantino/Robert Rodriguez horror-flick Grindhouse as a hitchhiker who meets a grim end.
- She is the voice of Hippo Girlfriend in Madagascar 2.
- She is one of the owners of the Miami Dolphins
- Fergie has been recognized for her good looks. She was selected as one of People magazine's "50 Most Beautiful People in the World" in 2004. She reached number 10 in maxim magazine in a list of hot 100 women list (2007).
- Fergie is 5'2'' tall.
- She likes to sleep in boxer shorts.
- In May 2009, Ferguson officially came out as bisexual in The Sun. She later reconfirmed this during an interview with The Advocate.
- She was featured in David Guettta and Chris Willi's video,"Gettin' Over You"
- In 2006, Fergie fulfilled a dream she had since her Wild Orchid days - making her own solo album. With The Dutchess, she reached the top of the charts with such hits as "London Bridge," "Glamorous" and "Big Girls Don't Cry."
- Her debut solo album, The Dutchess, went platinum in both America and Japan.
- She married Josh Duhamel on January 10, 2009. She had her first child, a son named Axl, in August 2013.
- Fergie loves dancing, yoga and cooking.
- Her favorite color is purple.
- Her astrological sign is Aries and her Chinese Zodiac sign is the Rabbit.
- In January 2009, Fergie wed actor Josh Duhamel. The 33-year-old bride wore a Dolce & Gabbana gown and the actor, 36, exchanged vows in front of guests, including Rebecca Romijn, Mario Lopez, and Nine costar Kate Hudson.
- Fergie and Josh Duhamel had a lasagna-making contest one night, which she admits she lost. "Mine was a soggy mess, like a big goulash," she told PEOPLE. "I tried to add my own flair and it didn't work.
- That same year in October, while they were enjoying their first year as a married couple, Josh Duhamel was hit with a sex scandal. Stripper Nicole Forrester claimed she had a one-night stand with Duhamel, but the actor denied the allegations in a statement. "This story is absolutely ridiculous," his rep says. Forrester, who says she has text messages and polygraph test to back her up, claims she had sex with Duhamel in an Atlanta hotel a week after he came into the Tattletale club, where she worked as a dancer.
- She launched her debut fragrance, Outspoken, under Avon in May 2010. With Avon she would later release Outspoken Intense in 2011, Viva in 2012 and Outspoken Fresh in 2013.
- In January 2011, she began appearing in Dr Pepper Cherry commercials.
- Fergie and Josh Duhamel welcomed their first child together in August 2013. They named their son Axl Jack.
- Both Duhamel and Ferguson are Catholic and attend church.
- Before the baby was born, the singer legally changed her name to Fergie Duhamel in July in anticipation of the baby's birth - so the family can all have the same last name - and a week later later, Duhamel revealed the couple is expecting a boy. He's going to be an amazing father. He's got natural parenting instincts," Fergie gushed of Duhamel in April, adding, "He wanted to knock me up from our first date. He's ready."
- Her net worth is $45 million.
- Fergie is 5' 3" (1.60 m) tall.
- She believes marriage is hard work but her and Josh will stick together for the long haul. "When you go through difficult times, it really makes you stronger as a unit, as a partnership. It does for us, anyways. Our love today is a deeper love, definitely," the Black Eyed Peas singer vows. "We're stronger today definitely because of anything difficult that's happened with us. We deal with it, we communicate; communicating's the most important thing."
Editor's Rating : 9.3 out of 10
Editor's Rating : 9.2 out of 10
Editor's Rating : 9 out of 10
Gladiator-inspired sandal with cagey leather upper featuring metallic-tone geometric hardwareGhillie-style lacing with tie at ankle