Tyler developed a signature scarf collection called "Rock Scarf" for Andrew Charles.
1. Steven Tyler is the iconic songwriter and prolific voice of the best-selling American rock band, Aerosmith.
2. Tyler is considered one of music's most recognizable and dynamic frontmen and has been cited by Rolling Stone as "one of the greatest singers of all time."
3. Hits like "Janie's Got a Gun," "Dream On," "Dude (Looks Like a Lady)" and "I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing" amongst others have solidified the band's place in history.
4. Aerosmith's collaboration with rappers Run DMC on 1987's "Walk This Way" was both a commercial and critical success and it is still noted as one of the first derivative iconic mergence of rock and hip-hop genres.
5. Tyler and Aerosmith have sold more than 150 million records worldwide.
6. He has won four Grammy Awards, six American Music Awards, four Billboard Music Awards.
7. He also won an Emmy Award.
8. In addition to having nine number one hits, 25 gold, 18 platinum and 12 multi-platinum album certifications, Tyler, along with the rest of his band members were inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in 2001.
9. In 2013, Tyler was awarded with the Founder's Award at the ASCAP Pop Awards and was inducted into the Songwriter's Hall of Fame.
10. The ultimate "brand man," Tyler has built a name for himself outside of his career in music. Since 2007, Tyler has been hard at work with inventor and engineer Mark Dirico developing and designing a hip brand of motorcycles called Dirico Motorcycles.
11. In December 2010, he performed for President Obama and the First Lady in a special tribute to Sir Paul McCartney at the Kennedy Center Honors.
12. Just a month later, Tyler joined Jennifer Lopez, Randy Jackson, and host Ryan Seacrest as a judge on "American Idol," the highest rated television show in American history.
13. In May 2011, Tyler released his memoir entitled Does the Noise in My Head Bother You? (Ecco/Harper Collins) which debuted at #2 on the New York Times Bestseller List.
14. Simultaneous with the book's release, Tyler debuted his first ever solo single, "(It) Feels So Good" (featuring Nicole Scherzinger), which broke into the Billboard Hot 100, the highest charting song by an Aerosmith member since 2001's "Jaded."
15. After vocal surgery in 2006, Tyler now sits on the Advisory Board of the Voice Health Institute alongside Julie Andrews, Joe Buck, Roger Daltrey, Christina Perri, Lionel Richie, Paul Stanley and Keith Urban.
16. An active philanthropist, Tyler has also been involved with supporting numerous charitable organizations including: the Elton John AIDS Foundation, Adopt the Arts, MusiCares, Robin Hood, Race to Erase MS, Red Cross and many others.
17. Additionally, Tyler has been advocating in opposition to a compulsory license for remixes, mash-ups and derivatives which would take away the artists' rights to remain in control on how their songs are used.
18. He was recently honored with the American Songwriter Award from the National Music Publisher's Association in Washington D.C. for his career and advocacy work.
19. Infamous for his outrageous style and fashion savoir faire, Tyler was the inspiration and design consultant for the Andrew Charles rocker chic fashion line from Tommy Hilfiger's Star brands, which featured an entire line of rock n' roll clothing in 2012.
20. Furthering his presence in the fashion world, Tyler teamed up with Modo Eyewear for his own-featured line of reading and sunglasses.
21. Tyler has also ventured into the animation world, with the release of Epic in 2013, from Twentieth Century Fox Animation (Ice Age, Rio), where he lent his voice to the character Nim Galuu.
22. When not on the road touring Tyler splits his time between Los Angeles, Boston and Hawaii, where he is an avid diver.
23. Steven Tyler born born Steven Victor Tallarico
24. He is known as the "Demon of Screamin" due to his high screams and his wide vocal range.
25. He is also known for his on-stage acrobatics.
26. During his high-energy performances, Tyler usually dresses in bright, colorful outfits with his trademark scarves hanging from his microphone stand.
27. In the late 1970s and early 1980s, Tyler had a heavy drug and alcohol addiction, and the band's popularity waned. Tyler and bandmate Joe Perry became known as the "Toxic Twins" due to their drug abuse.
28. In 1986, Tyler completed drug rehabilitation and Aerosmith rose to prominence again when Tyler and Perry joined Run-D.M.C. for a re-make of the classic Aerosmith song "Walk This Way", which became a Top 5 hit.
29. Aerosmith subsequently launched a remarkable comeback with the multi-platinum albums Permanent Vacation, Pump, Get a Grip, and Nine Lives, which produced a combined thirteen Top 40 singles and won the band numerous awards.
30. Since the late 1980s, he has embarked on several solo endeavors including guest appearances on other artists' music (working with artists as diverse as Alice Cooper, Mötley Crüe, Santana, Pink, and Keith Anderson), film and TV roles (including as a judge on American Idol and several cameo and guest appearances in other programs and films), authoring a bestselling book, and solo work (including the Top 40 hit single "(It) Feels So Good" in 2011).
31. In May 2015, Tyler released the country single "Love is Your Name".
32. His debut solo album is expected to be released in early 2016.
33. He was ranked 3rd on Hit Parader's Top 100 Metal Vocalists of All Time.
34. He is the son of Susan Ray, a secretary, and Victor A. Tallarico, a classical musician and pianist who taught music at Cardinal Spellman High School in The Bronx.
35. His father was of Italian and German descent, while his mother was of Polish and English ancestry.
36. His maternal grandfather, who was from what is present-day Poland, changed his surname from "Czarnyszewicz" (from the Polish czarny 'black') to "Blancha" (from the French blanche or Catalan/Spanish blanca 'white').
37. His paternal grandfather, Giovanni Tallarico, was from Cotronei, Calabria, Italy.
38. Steven has one older sister named Lynda.
39. In 1965, aged 17, Tyler spent time in Greenwich Village, New York, the highlight of which was seeing a Rolling Stones concert.
40. Tyler had a brief relationship with fashion model Bebe Buell, during which he fathered actress Liv Tyler, born in 1977.
41. Through Liv's marriage to British musician Royston Langdon and relationship with entertainment manager David Gardner, Tyler has two grandchildren.
42. In 1978, he married Cyrinda Foxe, an ex-Warhol model, and the former wife of New York Dolls' lead singer David Johansen, and fathered model Mia Tyler.
43. He and Foxe divorced in 1987; in 1997, she published Dream On: Livin' on the Edge With Steven Tyler and Aerosmith, a memoir of her life with Tyler.
44. On May 28, 1988, in Tulsa, Oklahoma, Tyler married his second wife, clothing designer Teresa Barrick. With Barrick, he fathered a daughter, Chelsea Anna Tallarico, and a son, Taj Monroe Tallarico. In February 2005, the couple announced that they were separating due to personal problems.
45. On March 31, 2015, Tyler stated that he was working on his first solo country album.
46. On April 6, it was announced that he signed a record deal with Scott Borchetta's Dot Records (a division of the Big Machine Label Group).
47. Tyler has been a long time motorcycle fan and riding enthusiast, Steven Tyler also participates in a variety of charity auctions involving motorcycles, including the Ride for Children charity.
48. On January 22, 2012, Tyler sang the National Anthem at the AFC Championship Game.
49. On March 11, 2012, a special about Aerosmith aired on 60 Minutes, where some of the comments made by the band members highlighted the still-contentious relationships in the band.
50. Tyler developed a signature scarf collection called "Rock Scarf" for Andrew Charles.
Source: facebook.com/steventyler, Wikipedia.org