21 Tips and Best Ways to Get Rid of Wrinkles on Your Face and Look Younger
Every woman wants to look young throughout her lifetime but as one ages, the skin begins to lose its softness and becomes prone to wrinkles which is no less than a beauty threat for women. Nevertheless, wrinkles are a reality that cannot be avoided as age does have an impact on the skin. Also, wrinkles are not just a result of ageing. Other factors such as lifestyle, genetics, pollution, stress, hormonal imbalance, etc. also contribute to wrinkles.
The good news is that there are multiple cures to get rid of these fine lines and creases. There are various skin care tips and medical remedies that can help one get rid of wrinkles and reduce their formation. So, here are some tips to show the exit door to the wrinkles and welcome smoothness on your skin.
1. Follow a regular skin cleansing exercise - It is important to wash your face daily twice a day for proper cleansing. You should also apply a moisturizer at night and when you move out during the day you should apply a sunscreen of at least 30 SPF on your face.
2. Avoid sun - The sunrays can cause irreparable damage to the sensitive facial skin and therefore, you should avoid going out in the sun but if you have to, protect your skin with a scarf or hat. Do not forget to apply sunscreen as well.
3. Do not over wash your face - Over washing dries up the skin and robs it of its protective layer which causes damage to the skin and it cannot fight against wrinkles.
4. Do not use skincare products carrying alcohol - Alcohol is known to dry up the skin and thus, you should avoid it as it is linked to skin damage.
5. Use natural face masks - Face masks keep the skin young and you should apply one every week but make sure it is made up of natural ingredients as they do not cause any side effect on the skin.
6. Moisturize your skin everyday - Women tend to overlook moisturizer in their skin care routine but it is a must. One should be particular about applying it at night as sunrays can render retinol, a wrinkle-fighter, ineffective.
7. Say no to smoking - Cigarette smoking is known to release an enzyme that breaks down two important components of the skin namely collagen and elastin which damages the skin. Various researchers have found that smokers have more wrinkles on their face as compared to non-smokers.
8. Drink two liters of water everyday - Water flushes out toxins from the body and also keeps the skin hydrated. Hydrated skin looks soft and thus, keeps the wrinkles at bay.
9. Follow a healthy diet rich in fruits and vegetables - A healthy diet ensures proper supply of nutrients to the skin. Fruits and vegetables contain antioxidant compounds which fight against free radicals and thus, save the skin from ageing damage.
10. Avoid sugary and processed foods - Junk food and foods rich in sugar do not provide any nutrition and activate the oil glands on the skin which leads to pimples and it damages the skin, thereby, promoting wrinkles.
11. Control stress - Stress is directly linked with the production of cortisol which is harmful for skin. Also, when one is stressed, one tends to frown which causes fine lines to appear on forehead and around lips.
12. Get proper sleep - Lack of sleep also leads to production of cortisol which causes skin damage by breaking down skin cells. So, make sure to get sufficient sleep so that your skin produces human growth hormone to keep your skin young.
13. Sleep on back - Sleeping sideways or face-down is said to create wrinkles on the cheeks and chin. So, you should avoid these sleeping positions.
14. Include fish and protein in your diet - Protein is essential for supple and soft skin. Therefore, one should eat salmon as it contains omega-3 fatty acid which nourishes skin and keeps it wrinkle-free.
15. Do some facial exercises - Facial exercises such as tilting your face sideways and up and down, filling air in your mouth and releasing it are known to increase blood supply in the skin cells which helps them fight the wrinkles with more strength.
16. Laser surfacing - If you are not getting good results from anti-ageing creams then you can go for laser surfacing. It activates the production of collagen in the skin and thus, makes the skin look young. However, you must consult your dermatologist before opting for this treatment.
17. Botox - Another medical treatment for stubborn wrinkles is Botulinum toxin A which calms down the muscles under the skin and helps the skin over it to stay smooth.
18. Fillers - Fillers like collagen, hyaluronic acid are known to reduce wrinkles on face and thus, if you want to get rid of deep wrinkles, you can try these fillers but they should be undertaken under expert dermatologists.
19. Dermabrasion - In this skin treatment process, a vacuum suction and chemical crystals are used to remove the top layer of the skin which brings up the new smooth skin from beneath and thus, the wrinkles get eliminated.
20. Chemical peels - Chemical peels remove the wrinkled top layer of the skin and activate collagen production which leads to formation of new, wrinkle-free skin.
21. Spa - Spas use natural treatments to help you get rid of wrinkles. Special oils and fragrances are used to rejuvenate the skin and reduce the fine lines.
So, if you use these lifestyle and medical remedies, you can easily get rid of wrinkles. While some of these methods are meant to be part of your routine some are meant for extreme cases when no other treatment has given results. You should try to inculcate the former in your lifestyle and if you decide to go for the latter, you should make sure that they are undertaken after consultation with dermatologists. Do keep in mind that the facial skin is very sensitive and any treatment or remedy should be applied equally sensitively.