A digital camera will help you to capture all small, as well as, the major events in life with just a click. If you are planning to get yourself a new digital camera and wondering which one would be the best one for you, we have you covered.
Along with the features of a digital camera, you also need to consider several other factors that will help you to make the right decision. Here we present 21 tips to choose the best digital camera:
1. Need: The first thing that you need to consider is why you want to buy the digital camera. Is it because of an upcoming family event for which you want to take the shots or is it an upcoming vacation?
2. Type: Next you need to consider the type of photography that you will be doing. Meaning, you need to identify whether it is landscapes, portraits or something else that you want to capture with your digital camera.
3. Conditions: Next, you need to consider the conditions that will come to play while you capture the shots. The conditions include whether it will be indoor photography or an outdoor shoot. Also, you will need to consider the aspect of light.
4. Experience: Many people are passionate about photography and while some might be in the learning stage, others might be professionals in the field. However, the same type of digital camera will not be the perfect one for all. So, you need to think your expertise level and then look for the feature to choose the best digital camera.
5. Features: A wide range of digital cameras are available in the market and the features also vary from one model to the other. To decide on the best digital camera for you, you need to specify the features that you wish to have in your camera.
6. Megapixels: The megapixel of a camera is amongst the most important aspects that you need to consider before buying a digital camera. However, presently, you will not find any camera with a less than 5-megapixel rating, which is optimal.
7. Zoom: When it comes to zoom, optical zoom and digital zoom are the two options that you might consider. However, the best option is the optical zoom as it will give you much better pictures and without any pixelated effect when you have your shots enlarged, which might be the case with digital zoom.
8. Speed: At present most cameras come with a shutter speed that can capture images faster. What you need to check is whether the digital camera has a fast autofocus system and can capture the scenes that you wish want accurately.
9. File size: When it comes to megapixels, you can have a camera which comes with a huge megapixel. But, do you really need such high rating? Additionally, high megapixel will also increase the size of the file.
10. Use or learn: Are you planning to buy a digital camera to use it to capture shots or is it that you want to learn photography? This is also a question that you will need to answer yourself, before you choose the best digital camera.
11. Prioritize features: List down the features that you are looking for and then prioritize them before searching for the best digital camera that will suit your needs.
12. Size of the camera: Portability and the size of the camera is another aspect that you need to consider. It could be that you are going on a camping trip with your friends and wish to capture the beauty of nature, then a small digital camera with maximum portability will be the best choice.
13. Budget: You need to fix a budget before you buy a new digital camera. And, for this you need to consider how much you are willing to invest to get the new digital camera without burning a hole in your pocket.
14. Extras: When you buy a new digital camera, check out for the extras that come along with the camera, at the same price and also the others, for which you might have to pay extra.
15. Compatible accessories: If you have some compatible accessories from a previous digital camera that you had, you might consider re-using them. This can include batteries, memory cards and a few other things.
16. Reviews: Before buying a digital camera, consider checking out the reviews of the model. A user's review will give you a clear picture about the digital camera and you can be confident that its operation or performance is as good as it claims to be.
17. Check for yourself: Once you have chosen a few digital camera models that you would like to purchase, visit a store and check it out yourself. Check out the features, its size, its weight and how easy or hard it is to handle and also whether it fits in your requirement.
18. Don't compromise: If you are unable to find a digital camera that comes with all features that you want but is not fitting in your budget, do not compromise and settle for a camera that has half the features that you want. Prioritize he features to make a better choice.
19. Warranty: Check the warranty of the digital camera that you are planning to buy. Though mostly a year's warranty is given for most digital camera, but you can also choose extended warranty if you wish to.
20. Video: Decide if you want to capture videos along with photos with your digital camera as then you will need to choose a model that will allow you to shoot high resolution videos.
21. Your comfort: Each one of us has a different hand size and thus, the size of the camera that each can handle will surely be different. Moreover, to capture the best photos, you need to be comfortable using your digital camera.
As you step out to get yourself a digital camera, these handy 21 tips to choose the best digital camera will surely help you to choose the best for yourself.