Apr 20, 2018 01:16 AM EDT
Alcohol and drug abuse are a huge problem in not only in United States but globally and everyone is aware of that.
But, did you know that according to many studies, around 80% of high school seniors admit to drinking alcohol at least once.
By the time they reach the 12th grade, that average, everyday classroom will have between 8 and 9 students who regularly use drugs or drink – 1 out of every 3.
Here are 5 other facts about alcohol and drug abuse that you probably did not know:
1) 13 is the average age children experiment with drugs.
Earlier you get into drugs, the bigger the damage.
2) Alcohol is the most widely abused substance, and the 3rd most common cause of death in the United States.
Drugs are dangerous and it can kill you.
3) 50% of all suicides, and over 50% of all violent crimes are caused by alcohol or drugs.
Drugs will make you depressed and it can lead to disastrous ending.
4) Over 50% of all traffic accidents involve alcohol or drugs.
Never drink or do drugs before you drive!
5) 80% of all domestic violence reports are somehow related to alcohol or drugs.
Drug abuse will make you violent and aggressive!