50 interesting facts about English actor Theo James.
1. His full name is Theodore Peter James Kinnaird Taptiklis, but he uses his stage name Theo James.
2. His paternal grandfather was Greek.
3. Outside his acting career, James is a singer and guitarist with the London-based band Shere Khan.
4. On 21 November 2012, the band announced on their Facebook page that they were no longer actively playing as a band and that members would be pursuing other musical endeavours.
5. Theo is an English mane. He was born in Oxford, Oxfordshire to Jane (née Martin) and Philip Taptiklis.
6. His other ancestry includes Scottish and New Zealander.
7. He is the youngest of five children.
8. Earned his undergraduate degree in philosophy from the University of Nottingham.
9. He trained at the Bristol Old Vic Theatre School.
10. Made his television debut in A Passionate Woman, starring opposite Billie Piper.
11. James was cast in Stranger and Red Tails while still in his final year at drama school.
12. His most notable role is of James, an obnoxious night club rep in The Inbetweeners Movie
13. Theo has two brothers and two sisters.
14. Theo's paternal grandparents moved to New Zealand, where his father was raised.
15. James was working at the National Health Service in England.
16. Knows that he often gets the job because of his good lookds, but he hopes to keep the job because of how he acts.
17. While at school, he was in a lot of school plays and did a lot of music.
18. He and his siblings are very close.
19. Thinks things in London are boring and staid compare to New York City wibe.
20. Saw 'Captain America' in 3D and think it's cool with a good setup.
21. Thinks New Yorkers are more friendly than Londoners.
22. Had a lifeguard job in the past.
23. He admires his parents the most because they raised 5 kids and are very giving to their kids.
24. He likes movies with strong male lead characters such as Jeffery Rush's performance in 'Shine,' and Jean-Luc Goddard in 'Breathless.'
25. Among his favorite actors belong Marlon Brando, Newman, Steve McQueen and De Niro.
26. In relationship with Ruth Kearney.
27. Theo James can do quite a few accents including British, Scottish, Southern Irish, American.
28. Before he became an actor he wanted to be a musician.
29. Majored in philosophy in college.
30. Theo applied for a drama school just for fun and got accepted.
31. Previously worked as a bartender.
32. Dancing is one of Theo's talents as well!
33. He was a classmate of Antonia Thomas, who went on to play Alisha in Misfits. Thomas and James starred together in the short film Monsoon Nights.
34. Became known through his brief role in ITV drama Downton Abbey where he played Kemal Pamuk, the dashing Turkish diplomat.
35. He was hesitant at first to do a YA-based adaptation.
36. He sings baritone, plays guitar, saxophone, piano and harmonica, and he likes to beatbox.
37. When it comes to dancing he can dance ballet, tap, and jazz.
38. James likes sports as well. Among his favorite is Boxing, basketball, rugby, and deep sea diving.
39. James learnt parkour and undertook training with knives and whips for his role in Underworld.
40. When it comes to accents when filming, James likes to retain his character's accent throughout, even between takes.
41. He once was mistaken for James Franco by paparazzo.
42. 1996 film Shine starring Rush is James' favorite movie.
43. His favorite scene in Divergent is the final fight scene.
44. Fell in love with acting craft during an amateur play.
45. Helped Zoe Kravitz when gust of wind caused a trailer door to slam down on her face during filming. James had her lie down and applied ice.
46. Lent his voice for the Audi UK TV advert.
47. In Divergent James does the fighting himself not using stunt doubles.
48. Hollywood insiders call him the next Brad Pitt.
49. James has appeared in a Lexus car commercial.
50. For the film Divergent he had to gain muscles and learned many stunts and hand combats form ex-military men.