50 things about actress and model Milla Jovovich.
1. Jovovich is a Ukrainian actress, model and singer.
2. Best known for playing a zombie hunter in the Resident Evil action movie series.
3. Was born on December 17, 1975 in Kiev, Ukraine, in the former Soviet Union.
4. Started modeling at a young age.
5. Landed her first magazine cover at age 11.
6. Began a film career as a teen.
7. Her early roles include Return to the Blue Lagoon (1991) and Dazed and Confused.
8. Her breakthrough performance was in 1997's Luc Besson's The Fifth Element.
9. Has earned a reputation for playing feisty, futuristic action heroines.
10. She is also a singer-songwriter, and has released numerous recordings.
11. Her parents, Bogdanovitch Jovovich was a Serbian doctor.
12. Her mother Galina Loginova Jovovich was a Russian actress.
13. Her parents moved their family to Sacramento, California when Jovovich was 5 years old.
14. One of her earliest appearances was in a Revlon advertisement, shot by well known photographer Richard Avedon.
15. Posed for her first magazine cover, for the Italian fashion magazine Lei, at the age of 11.
16. At the age of 15, she landed the female lead in 1991's Return to the Blue Lagoon.
17. Represented global cosmetics brand L'Oréal since 1998.
18. Represented major designers, including Calvin Klein, Donna Karan and Ann Taylor.
19. She released her debut album, The Divine Comedy, when she was 18.
20. She continues to release recordings online.
21. Teamed up with Carmen Hawk to design the women's fashion line Jovovich-Hawk.
22. Is active member of several philanthropic groups, including The Foundation for AIDS Research and the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund.
23. Jovovich has been married three times.
24. First she has been married to Shawn Andrews however their marriage has ended in annulment just a few months later.
25. Later she married director Luc Besson but the couple divorced two years later.
26. In 2009, Jovovich married Paul W.S. Anderson.
27. Anderson and Jovovich have two children, Ever Gabo Anderson and Dashiel Edan Jovovich-Anderson.
28. Her birth name is Milica Natasha Jovovich.
29. She has a step brother Marco Jovovich.
30. Cooking and traveling are among her favorite hobbies.
31. She owns several dogs.
32. Her favorite color is pink.
33. The Shining is her favorite movie.
34. When she can, she munches on cakes, peanut butter bagels and jelly.
35. Her music video of "The Gentleman Who Fell" was inspired by Maya Deren's short film, "Meshes of the Afternoon."
36. Played a song which turned out to be an excerpt from "The Alien Song" of her 1994 album in "Dazed and Confused."
37. Attended the same high school with Christina Applegate.
38. Jovovich was named after her great-grandmother.
39. She is left-handed.
40. Even though she is left-handed she shoots and plays guitar with her right hand.
41. Participated in a benefit project for the Wildlife Waystation, Hollywood Goes Wild, through her song "On the Hill" with Plastic Has Memory.
42. Walked the fashion runway for Alessandro Dell'Acqua, Marc Jacobs, Anna Sui, Jean Paul Gaultier, Sonia Rykiel, and Salvatore Ferragamo to name a few.
43. Named the Sexiest Female Movie Star in Empire Magazine of Australia edition by September 2002.
44. Posed for Jane magazine's "Body" as an attempt to promote Clothes Off Our Back, a non-profit charity which sells celebrities' gently worn clothing to benefit children's charities.
45. Became a new face for baking company Greggs after she said she likes their pasties and pies.
46. According to Forbes magazine's list of Top 100 Celebrity in 2003 Jovovich was mentioned as one of the most powerful celebrity.
47. Most of her stunts in "Resident Evil" were done by her.
48. Her great-grandfather, Bogic Camic Jovovic, was the officer of the guard of the King Nicholas I of Montenegro and the flag-bearer of the Vasojevici tribe while her grandfather used to be a commander in the Pristina military area.
49. Appeared in in numerous advertisements, like Banana Republic, Iceberg, Donna Karan, Gap, Calvin Klein's Escape fragrance, Anna Molinari, Guess, and Plein Sud.
50. Speaks fluent Russian, Serbian, and French.