Personal trainer Jillian Michaels and 50 things from her life and career.
1. Jillian Michaels is an American personal trainer, businesswoman, author and television personality. Michaels is from Los Angeles, California.
2. Jillian Michaels is best known for her appearances on NBC's The Biggest Loser and Losing It with Jillian.
3. Jillian Michaels is also known for her appearance on the talk show The Doctors.
4. In Fall 2015 Jillian Michaels will host and co-judge a new series on SPIKE TV titled "Sweat, INC".
5. Additionally in January 2016 her new docu follow series "Just Jillian" will premiere on E!
6. Jillian Michaels also features as Lloyd Montgomery Garmadon in Ninjago Masters of Spinjitzu.
7. Jillian Michaels was born in Los Angeles, California, to JoAnn McKarus, and raised in Santa Monica.
8. Jillian Michaels has recalled a traumatic childhood that included night terrors.
9. Her parents' divorce when she was 12.
10. Jililan Michaels has recalled suffering verbal abuse by classmates as a 5-foot, 2-inch, 175-pound eighth-grader.
11. Jillian Michaels attended California State University, Northridge.
12. Jillian Michaels supported herself as a bartender and personal trainer.
13. Jillian Michaels worked briefly as an agent with International Creative Management.
14. Opened the sports medicine facility Sky Sport & Spa in Beverly Hills.
15. As a personal trainer, Jillian Michaels uses a blend of strength training techniques with her clients including kickboxing, yoga, Pilates, plyometrics, and weight training.
16. Since 1993, Jillian has held two personal training certificates from the National Exercise & Sports Trainers Association (NESTA) and The Aerobics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA).
17. She is Kettlebell Concepts certified.
18. Jillian Michaels has also developed a continuing education series for trainers with AFAA and holds a nutrition and wellness consultant certificate with the American Fitness Professionals and Associates (AFPA).
19. In January 2012, Jillian Michaels released a 90-day weight loss program titled "Body Revolution".
20. Jillian Michaels recently launched BODYSHRED, her 30-minute workout class exclusively at GoodLife gyms in Canada and in the US with clubs like Lifetime fitness, Crunch and UFC Gyms.
21. In 2015, Jillian Michaels launched her new infomercial BODYSHRED, a 60 day at home-workout program.
22. Michaels' business partner and manager is Giancarlo Chersich. Together, they operate Empowered Media, LLC.
23. In addition to her DVDs, Michaels has also authored several books on health and wellness topics. Several of these books, including Master Your Metabolism and Unlimited.
24. Her books have made the New York Times Best Seller list.
25. Jillian Michaels hosted a Sunday talk radio show on Los Angeles' KFI (640 AM) from 2006 through 2009.
26. Since February 2011, Michaels has hosted a weekly podcast, The Jillian Michaels Show, through iTunes. In December 2011 the show was among the podcasts honored by Apple in its App Store Rewind 2011, winning in the Best New Audio Podcast category.
27. On October 21, 2008, she launched a video game for the Wii, Jillian Michaels' Fitness Ultimatum 2009. A year later, Jillian Michaels launched a sequel called Fitness Ultimatum 2010. In 2011, Michaels released two more games, Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2011 and Jillian Michaels Fitness Adventure for the Xbox 360.
28. Jillian Michaels was an original trainer on the reality series The Biggest Loser when the show debuted in October 2004. On the show, she assumed the role of Red Team trainer and remained in that capacity for the first two seasons. After her departure in 2006, she was replaced by Kim Lyons
29. Jillian Michaels returned to the show in 2007 as the Black Team trainer competing against Lyons' Red Team and Bob Harper's Blue Team.
30. Along with Harper, Michaels was also a trainer in the Australian version of the show from 2006 to 2008.
31. On June 1, 2010, NBC debuted Losing It With Jillian, a spin-off of The Biggest Loser. In the show, Michaels visits the home and workplaces of family members for a week.
32. On May 6, 2011, CBS Television Distribution announced that Michaels had signed a multi-year deal to become a co-host of the panel-discussion show The Doctors, as well as to serve as a special correspondent on the CTD program Dr. Phil.
33.Jillian Michaels left The Doctors in January 2012 after half a season, because, she claimed, the arrangement "wasn't the fit both the show and I hoped for".
34. Jillian Michaels is involved in a variety of charities including the NFL's Play 60, the Clinton Foundation's Alliance for a Healthier Generation, Stand Up to Cancer, Working Wardrobes, Hope for Haiti, and Sow a Seed and Dress for Success.
35. Jillian Michaels also devotes time to animal welfare causes, and she recently helped PETA rescue a racehorse from the slaughterhouse.
36. Jillian Michaels serves as an adviser to the National Day of Dance for Heart Health, an organization that encourages people to exercise.
37. On August 5, 2014, Michael's announced her activewear line, Impact by Jillian Michaels at KMART.
38. In March 2015 Jillian Michaels expanded the line by adding athletic foot-wear for women and children.
39. Jillian Michaels suffers from attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, which she was diagnosed with as a child.
40. Michaels is close to her mother, brother and younger sister.
41. In 2010, Michaels faced four separate lawsuits alleging ingredients in the Jillian Michaels Maximum Strength Calorie Control dietary supplement, the Jillian Michaels Maximum Strength Fat Burner and the Triple Process Total Body Detox and Cleanse, were ineffective or dangerous. In each instance, Michaels denied the allegations. All four suits were dismissed.
42. Michaels was the subject of a critical October 2010 op-ed piece in the Los Angeles Times. The article claimed Michaels "is not actually a real fitness trainer-she's an actress playing the role of fitness trainer on TV and in a line of popular DVDs" and alleged she had let several of her fitness certifications lapse. Michaels responded by threatening legal action for defamation, stating she had been an active physical trainer for 19 years and that none of her certifications have lapsed. The newspaper published a correction citing her up-to-date certifications shortly thereafter and no legal action was taken.
43. Jillian Michaels has two children.
44. Jillian Michaels adopted then-two-year-old daughter from Haiti in May 2012.
45. Jillian Michaels is a New York Times bestselling author of numerous books including Master Your Metabolism, Unlimited: How to Build an Exceptional Life, and her most recent bestselling release, Slim for Life: My Insider Secrets To Simple, Fast, And Lasting Weight Loss.
46. Was on a speaking tour "Maximize Your Life," which traveled to 34 cities across North America.
47. Michaels lives with her family in Los Angeles.
48. Jillian Michaels enjoys traveling and getting involved with charitable activities.
49. Jillian Michaels is an ambassador for the American Cancer Society
50. Jillian Michaels is also an ambassador for Stand Up 2 Cancer.