During the 1990s, Valletta reached the status of supermodel. Learn 45 facts from life and career of Amber Valletta.
1. Her full name is Amber Evangeline Valletta.
2. She is a fashion model and actress.
3. Began her career as a fashion model, landing her first of sixteen American Vogue covers at age eighteen.
4. During the 1990s, Valletta reached the status of supermodel.
5. Worked as the face of Giorgio Armani, Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Prada, Valentino, Gucci and Versace.
6. Signed multimillion-dollar cosmetics contracts with Calvin Klein and Elizabeth Arden.
7. From 1995 to 1996, Valletta and her friend and fellow model Shalom Harlow hosted the MTV show, House of Style.
8. In the 2000s, Valletta began to focus on her career as an actress.
9. Made her acting debut in Drop Back Ten.
10. She then starred in the hit film Hitc.
11. She has since appeared in films such as Transporter 2, Man About Town, Dead Silence), Gamer, and The Spy Next Door.
12. In 2011, she moved to television.
13. Appeared in a recurring role as the fallen socialite Lydia Davis on the ABC prime time soap opera, Revenge.
14. In 2015, Valletta starred as villainous Carla Briggs in another ABC soap opera, Blood & Oil.
15. Valletta was born in Phoenix.
16. Was raised in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
17. Her mother, Theresa Malaby, worked at the post office.
18. Her father is of Italian and Portuguese descent.
19. Her mother is of part Cherokee ancestry.
20. Got her start in the fashion industry when her mother enrolled her in modeling school at the age of fifteen at the Linda Layman Agency.
21. Valletta, along with models like Kate Moss, Eva Herzigová, Carolyn Murphy or Shalom Harlow, was one of the most recognizable faces of the generation immediately subsequent to the original supermodels.
22. During the 1990s she appeared thirteen times on the cover of American Vogue, second only to Claudia Schiffer's sixteen.
23. She was presented on the November 1999 Millennium cover of American Vogue as one of the "Modern Muses".
24. Valletta continues to work as a fashion model, most recently closing the Atelier Versace Spring/Summer 2015 fashion show.
25. Later in 2000, she played a supporting role in the thriller film What Lies Beneath, starring Harrison Ford and Michelle Pfeiffer and directed by Robert Zemeckis.
26. She appeared alongside Nicolas Cage in The Family Man.
27. In 2003, she played Celine in Danny DeVito's Duplex, starring Ben Stiller and Drew Barrymore, and in 2004, she played Meline in Raising Helen, opposite Kate Hudson, Hayden Panettiere, Abigail Breslin, and Helen Mirren.
28. Valletta's first major film role was as Allegra Cole in Andy Tennant's romantic comedy Hitch. The film was released on February 11, 2005 and was a box office and critical success.
29. She played the female lead in the 2006 independent film The Last Time, co-starring alongside Michael Keaton and Brendan Fraser.
30. In 2007, she starred in the horror film Dead Silence as Ella Ashen, and portrayed the supporting role of Claire in Premonition, starring Sandra Bullock.
31. Also in 2007, Valletta played the leading role in the independent coming-of-age film, My Sexiest Year.
32. In 2009, Valletta starred alongside Gerard Butler in the science fiction action film, Gamer.
33. In 2010, she starred in The Spy Next Door, alongside Jackie Chan, George Lopez, and Billy Ray Cyrus; she played Chan's character's love interest, Gillian.
34. In 2011, she appeared in the ensemble comedy film, Girl Walks into a Bar.
35. In 2011, Valletta was cast in the recurring role as the socialite Lydia Davis on the ABC television prime time soap opera, Revenge.
36. In 2014, she was regular cast member in the TNT crime drama series, Legends, playing Sean Bean's character's ex-wife.
37. In 2015, Valletta starred in the short-lived ABC prime time soap opera, Blood & Oil. She plays the role of Carla Briggs, the glamorous business partner and new wife of oil tycoon Hap Briggs (Don Johnson).
38. Valletta also serves as the spokesperson for Oceana's Seafood Contamination Campaign, where she brings awareness of the dangers of mercury poisoning in various kinds of seafood.
39. Her decision to join Oceana's campaign was prompted by the mercury-poisoning experience of a friend and the fact that she is a mother of two.
40. Valletta is a model for Marks and Spencer.
41. Valletta married Olympic volleyball player Chip McCaw in September 2003.
42. Together they had a son Auden born three years prior.
43. Valletta and McCaw divorced in early 2015.
44. Valletta endorsed Democrat President Barack Obama for re-election in 2012.
45. In July 2014, Valletta spoke out about her battle with drug and alcohol addiction.