The Maldives has become a go-to vacation spot for many Indians over the past few years, owing to its breathtaking views, beautiful beaches, luxurious resorts, and hotels. Moreover, Maldives is big on water sports and activities, making it the perfect travel spot for people who love the ocean. While travelling to international countries is an exciting prospect, things can always go haywire, which is why it is essential to be prepared.
The best way to ensure your trip goes smoothly and tension-free is to purchase a Maldives travel insurance plan, as it will offer financial coverage against a host of medical and non-medical emergencies you may encounter during your trip. While it is not mandatory to have travel insurance to travel to the Maldives, it is always best to have a backup plan. So, make sure you get insured before heading to the islands, and here's everything you need to know about Maldives travel insurance:
What Does a Maldives Travel Insurance Policy Cover?
Before you decide on a Maldives travel insurance plan, be sure to compare all the features and opt for the policy offering the maximum benefits. Here are the most common inclusions:
1. All medical expenses, including hospitalization costs, OPD, and IPD charges.
2. Emergency evacuation to the home country plus body repatriation.
3. Accidental death and permanent total disability.
4. Urgent dental treatment
5. Daily cash allowances
6. Accidental death while commuting by common carrier/public transport.
7. Loss of check-in bags
8. Loss of passport or other official documents
9. Trip interruption, cancellation, or delay
10. Hotel accommodation, if extended due to medical emergencies
11. Covid-19 care and treatment
12. Further treatment in the home country, typically up to 30 days
What is the Eligibility Criterion to Buy Maldives Travel Insurance?
There are generally two main types of travel insurance policies for a trip to the Maldives, international travel plans and student travel plans. You need to choose one based on the purpose of your visit, and below are the eligibility criteria for both options:
- International Travel Insurance - There is typically no entry age restriction for such plans, but the proposer must be at least 18 years old to buy the policy. Similarly, there is generally no exit age limitation, but it ultimately depends on the insurance provider.
- Student Travel Insurance - Maldives travel insurance for students usually has an entry age requirement of 12 years, which can also go up to 16 years in some cases. On the other hand, the exit age is typically 40 years, but it varies from one insurer to another.
The List of Exclusions for a Maldives Travel Insurance Policy
All travel insurance policies have their set of inclusions and exclusions, but people often miss out on the latter, resulting in claim rejection or other problems in the future. Therefore, it is important to check the exclusion list regardless of the duration of your trip. Check the list of common things not included in a Maldives travel insurance plan below:
- Medical expenses incurred due to self-injuries such as suicide
- Illnesses or injuries arising from substance abuse, including alcohol and drug intake
- Venereal diseases, including HIV/AIDS
- War or nuclear threat
- Claims after non-disclosure of pre-existing conditions or diseases
- Surgeries or dental treatments unless arising from accidents or injuries
- Cosmetic procedures
- Natural calamities
Buy Maldives Travel Insurance and Secure Your Trip
Before you start planning your trip or even buy travel insurance, be sure to check the visa details and requirements, as you might need to adjust your travel plan accordingly. Also, it is vital to select policies provided by trusted insurance companies such as Care Health Insurance that also have a high Claim Settlement Ratio. However, don't forget to explore all your available options and choose a Maldives travel insurance policy with maximum coverage at affordable premiums. So, what are you waiting for? Get insured and make the most out of your visit to the Maldives!